RyKen Systems is offering a position for a driven individual to build a career in the sawmill automation industry. We have a large customer base spread across four countries and are looking for individuals that enjoy working with customers, traveling to site and like a variety of work.
Working at RyKen you will be involved in maintaining and advancing our optimizer and sorter software programs developed C++ using Microsoft Visual Studio. This software involves user interfaces, reports using SQL databases and interfacing into PLC systems. You will also be working with and developing PLC programs using ControlLogix.
We are looking for someone who is self motivated, willing to learn and likes to improve and advance existing software.
- familiar with our existing optimizer and sorter software
- Become familiar with our PLC automation software
- Assist customers over the phone after acquiring a working knowledge of our systems
- Analyze, develop and test our sorting and optimization programs
- Travel up to 15% of the year (mostly in the United States and Canada) for startups and site visits
- 5 Years experience in C++ development
- MFC and .NET
- MySQL / MS SQL
- TCP/IP knowledge
- Demonstrated technical writing and presentation skills
- Good communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Good documentation skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Able to work with a variety of people
- Driver’s License
- Valid Canadian Passport
- Physically fit to work in a sawmill environment
Nice to Have
- ASP .Net or other web based design experience
- Sawmill or other industrial system experience
- Understanding of basic electronics and electrical systems