RyKen Systems is offering a position for a driven individual to build a career in the sawmill automation industry. We have a large customer base spread across four countries and are looking for individuals that enjoy working with customers, traveling to site and like a variety of work.
Working at RyKen you will be involved in PLC programming, going to customer sites for startup / commissioning of upgrades and new systems. A majority of your time will be spent at the office learning our work process and being trained on the hardware and software used by our customers. After a period of training, you will assist in customer support over the phone. At the office you will also assist in testing hardware such as computer and scanning systems. Eventually the job will involve modifying the existing PLC software for specific customer which you will then install on site.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, willing to learn and likes to improve and advance existing software and automation processes.
- Become familiar with our PLC automation software
- Become familiar with our optimizer and sorter software
- Assist customers over the phone after acquiring a working knowledge of our systems
- Travel up to 20% of the year (mostly in the United States and Canada) for startups and site visits
- Rockwell (Allen Bradley)PLC Experience (other PLC experience may be substituted)
- Sawmill or other industrial system experience
- 2years’software development experience in C++ development
- Experience with field wiring, various laser sensor in an Industrial system.
- Understanding of basic electronics and electrical systems
- Ability to work with old and new automation systems.
- Demonstrated technical writing and presentation skills
- Good communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Good documentation skills
- Good common sense logic and problem solving skills
- Able to work with a variety of people
- Driver’s License
- Valid Canadian Passport
- Physically fit to work in a sawmill environment
Nice to Have
- MFC and .NET
- Web programming experience